I love it when my friends post happy things on Facebook that make me forget that the world is full of terrorists, GMOs, and Glenn Beck. So I decided to contribute to your happiness with these fun, little-known facts, sure to bring a smile to your face:
- The popular children’s character Barney was originally conceived as refrigerator box with googly eyes. Test viewers found the box overly sexual, so the creators settled on an androgynous purple dinosaur.
- We shouldn’t feel bad about eating pigs because 85% of them are suicidal.
- If you eat paper clips, your colon will become more organized.
- The first choice for Vivian in “Pretty Woman” was not Julia Roberts. It was Bea Arthur! But she and Richard Gere had shared a tumultuous love affair years before, and he stole her cat Mr. Knickers when she dumped him for a pre-Xenu Tom Cruise. Ms. Arthur went to her grave angry with Gere over Mr. Knickers.
- If you see someone with a weak chin, you can assume he/she has a weak bladder.
- If you go barefoot and step on worm eggs, your foot will get pregnant with worm babies.
Happy Friday, friends!
*Facts might not be an accurate description of what you just read.